Deadlift Technique: How To Deadlift With Perfect Form
In this post you’ll learn how to deadlift with perfect deadlift technique. Perfect form is vital if you want to get the most out of this fantastic exercise and at the same avoid injuries.
How To Deadlift:
1. Always start with the bar on the floor.
2. Stand with your feet hip-width apart – bar above the center of your feet.
3. Grab the bar with an overhand grip just outside your shins.
4. Bend your knees until your shins hit the bar.
5. Arch your lower back, lift your chest, shoulders back & down, head in line with your spine.
6. From the side your shoulder blades will be right above the bar.
7. Take a deep breath.
8. Initiate the pull by driving your heels into the floor.
9. As the bar comes past the knees drive the hip forwards.
10. Squeeze your glutes at the top. Do not lean back past vertical.
11. Initiate the lowering portion by pushing your hips back.
12. Keep your lower back tight – do not round!
13. Bend your knees once the bar reaches knee level.
14. Keep the bar close to your body at all times.
1. Always wear flat soled shoes or deadlift with bare feets.
2. Keep your arms straight throughout.
3. Having trouble keeping the bar close to your body on the decent? Lift your big toe and imagine someone is pulling your hips back.
4. Learning the correct setup:
Stand about three feet away from a wall facing it and place your hands on the wall approximately at your chest level keeping your arms straight. Without shrugging your shoulders press your hands against the wall and push your hips back as far as possible. Your spine will arch and lengthen, your hips will hinge, your hamstrings will get loaded. Drop your hands and you are ready to pull.
5. Everyone – men and women should deadlift. Don’t pay attention to anyone who tells you that deadlifts are dangerous. All exercises are dangerous if you do them wrong. Correct Deadlifts are the best thing you can ever do to get your back strong and to prevent lower back pains.
Related exercise guides:
© copyright fortiusfitness.com – Deadlift Technique – How To Deadlift
Join Over 3000 Successful Members...
You're About To Learn Secrets That Most People Will NEVER Know About Fitness... [ Watch The Video Below ]